This is a short tutorial on how to make an easy-peasy bunting magnet. It's a great way to make use of your too-pretty-to-throw-away paper or fabric scrap.
1. Gather your supplies of:
- paper scraps
- magnet sheet (can be bought at stationery shops)
- image of what you want to make (i use triangle to make a bunting)
- double-sided tape
- cutter knife
- steel ruler
2. Draw the shape of the triangle onto the right side of your paper. You can cut them one by one now, or later when they are stick to the magnet.
3. Stick the double-sided tape onto the magnet, peel it off and arrange the paper to be put on them. Make sure you do it carefully edges to edges.
- straight lines cut best when cutting magnet. So geometric shapes work best in this case, or if you want other shapes, choose ones that only have curves on the angle. Example: i tried cutting a puzzle shape, and the result was not very neat.
- If you wanna do bigger shapes (say a balloon speech?), laminate the paper first
before sticking it to the magnet. That way you can write and erase on it by using the dry-erase marker! Oh, the possibilities...