Saturday, March 3, 2012

craft studio

This is probably one of those dream-comes-true moments for me. 

Been toying with the idea of having my own craft studio for months, but somehow i never gave it enough time to sink-in, thus it just sat happily in the corner, occasionally nudging to remind me that she's still there. 

Well, after many nights of browsing pinterest and reading "Studios" careful thinking, i decided to give it a go. 

We have this room we called "office", with a couch and a TV rack inside (yes, that kind of "office") that were rarely used. It would be the perfect space for a craft studio, thanks to its natural light.

It doesn't take a genius to realize how much neater the house would be if there was a proper room for all my sh*t, really. My stuff is filling up quickly, it reached a point where the moment we stepped into the house, you can see piles of papers hung on the shoe rack. 

My husband, being the wonderful guy that he is, had been coping with it very well and occasionally joked how the whole house has turned into a factory/ sweatshop since i started Paperpleased.

But that's about to change...


old "office"
piles of papers


my other "emergency"storage room
what-used-to-be the dining table


Two weeks after discussion with my step-dad (the architect / go-to guy for all my house woes), the furniture was installed and I was ecstatic with the result.

I have so much room now, that after storing all my stuff i still have space on the what-feels-like the never-ending shelves. I could tell that my assistants were happy working in the new studio too. Not to mention my husband. 
(See, why didn't i do this sooner?)


I'm still waiting for the peg wall to be installed (when it does, will post another pic), but at the moment, let me just share some pictures of the newly-renovated "paperpleased" studio.
  
Now, i'm currently on the look-out for some pretty baskets and storage to decorate it. Looks like this will be a long and enjoyable process...


view from inside

view from outside

No comments:

Post a Comment